Some important facts:
- Carlsen Cello Foundation may be the only organization dedicated solely to providing cellos to deserving students.
- The need for good cellos is never-ending, and requests arrive weekly.
- The replacement value for one of our cellos is $6,000-$25,000.
The Foundation maintains a stream-lined operation. Your donations go directly towards the acquisition and maintenance of cellos which we loan to as many deserving students as we can.
Please help us provide cellos to as many worthy students as possible. Your contribution can make a huge difference in the life of a hard-working young musician, and in the lives of everyone who benefits from hearing their music. Thank you for your support!
Ways to Contribute
- Direct contributions in any amount help the Foundation purchase and maintain quality cellos. To make a monetary donation, click here.
- Call the Foundation to discuss making your contribution on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Do you have a cello that is not being played? Please consider donating it to the Foundation.
Other opportunities include
- purchasing one of our instruments to be loaned in your name.
- sponsoring a student for a year or more.
Some of the ways your donations make a difference
- $25 one day of storing our beautiful cellos (or maintaining our storage location)
- $150 shipping a cello to a new recipient in the United States
- $250-$500 average cost for regular cello maintenance; each time a cello is returned, world-renowned luthier Rafael Carrabba takes care of minor repairs, both structural and cosmetic.
- $400 new set of strings; the Foundation equips each new cello loaned with a set of the highest quality strings
- $1,000 one year to sponsor a recipient
- $8-$10,000 average cost to restore a cello and get it ready to loan to new recipient. This initial investment prepares a cello for decades of use.
To make a monetary donation, click here, or send check by mail. For more information, to donate a cello, or to discuss naming a cello, sponsoring a student, or other donation possibilities, please contact Miriam Shames (206) 579-6233, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Carlsen Cello Foundation is a charitable, 501(c)(3) organization. All contributions and donations of instruments are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.